Friday, May 26, 2006

Silver Crochet

Here is my latest venture in silver crochet. I love this piece - it drapes just beautifully, and is very feminine and unusual, without being at all overwhelming to wear. Fine silver is wonderfully malleable, and as an added bonus, doesn't tarnish (although it will after a long time discolor very slightly) so you don't have to worry about cleaning all that intricate crochet work. The chain and connecting links are sterling for sturdiness. Crochet is very hot at present, with crocheted bags, garments and jewelry showing up regularly on the runways. More about gemstones to follow soon - stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is stunning.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is so amazing looking! Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day.

Anonymous said...

You can crochet silver, you can do the scribble scarf in your sleep. I will say it was tedious, but not difficult. I probably should have made mine longer, but I was begging for the end.