Thursday, November 10, 2005

Beginnings

I've been driven to artistic expression since I was a wee child, but only recently decided to have a go at being a "professional". It seemed presumptious at first - after all, who decides what constitutes art and who's good enough to be designated an artist? I quickly discovered that having set the goal, I was then compelled to live up to it and the caliber of my work rapidly began to rise. At present I've confined my selling aspirations to jewellery, but I may eventually get tired of the size restraint and branch out! Having spent most of my life pursuing fiber and textile art of one sort or another (knitting, crochet, art quilts, etc.) I naturally gravitated towards textile techniques in metal, and am now working towards incorporating textile and fiber into the work as well. This blog will be an experiment for me in publically journalling my artistic journey - the highs, the lows, the exploration of new things.

No comments: